VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help a member section

4 posters

Go down

Help a member section  Empty Help a member section

Post  chiclidlover Wed May 21, 2014 10:58 am

Visited a member recently an got an idea we all joined this forum for advice an read trial an errors posted why not have a help section some members need physical help with w/c an rearranging tanks. We have plenty able bodies that can help I believed at one time this forum was family oriented an compassioned to see fish survive an thrive. I've read an researched a few sites there's not one I've found yet that has a help a friend out. Lets start with simple w/c for the ones who can't handle it some members are still carrying buckets some maynot have filter floss or money to get these things at that time lets be a forum who cares. Not an empty shell of rant an raves. Lets be a team, split the richmond area in half members on one side can help each other for the outer areas lets make a poll on who goes which way. The main focus is saving fish an helping your fellow member. I know some maynot agree because of having a stranger in your home that's why a meet an greet can be established to get a profile of members basically if you need help with w/c you would post in this section an what you need done. I know there's some good hearted people on here let's show the younger generation fish brings all genders all ages together. I can say victor , bill an Ira helped me get my tanks up an running an they gave me advice I just think these individuals made an effort to help why can't we pay it forward. My doors open to help. All in all we need compassion back on here, why not start by helping not complaining . It's just a thought
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Help a member section  Empty Re: Help a member section

Post  IRAligon Sun May 25, 2014 11:36 am

good idea i will help when i can.

IRAligon

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Sun May 25, 2014 10:44 pm

Cal... drop on in and I'll set you up as admin! Great idea! Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Mon May 26, 2014 1:22 am

Thanks Ira an bill. I think it would really set this forum appart from all other forums . Bill I would have to decline on the admin always love the grunts roll never was an officer type but I will drop in though. Wanna see how those awesome pepper discus are doing. Saw iras jaw dropping blue angels wifee fell in love with them. Plus I gotta see the rams I know theve been active.
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  ciscosdad Tue May 27, 2014 10:30 am

Would love to help. Time is a bit tight but will do whatever I can. Great idea.
ciscosdad
ciscosdad

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Tue May 27, 2014 7:24 pm

Thanks Chris I. That's the beauty of it if we work together there's nothing we can't achieve. I know I'm busy a lot back an fourth to d.c. But I think I can put one of my days aside a week to help a member. Even if its just a drop in a large pond it still makes ripples peace
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Thu May 29, 2014 4:55 pm

Cal.. One of the sub-sections have been renamed to the Help Corner! Tks for the suggestion! Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Thu May 29, 2014 9:24 pm

Thanks bill just wanted to help.pay it forward makes someones day a little better. We all need help one way are another.now next project for me is to donate A tank to a child with special needs are my kids science class. Some plants a snail maybe a pair of guppies in a ten gallon.
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Thu May 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Cal.. great effort to get engaged in... I've set up one tank for an inner city school.. or at least donated the equip... Another charity effort was setting up a 29G for a guy awaiting a new liver or kidney... We never got it running before he passed...
If ya need guppies or plants... Give a shout out !... Mine (From Ira) are breeding like crazy! Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:51 pm

Bill I've contacted children's hospital talked to a counselor there she's inclined to pass out flyers an info. I explained that its just for charity just to help give a child a smile no saltwater all fresh water tank size ten gallons colorful non aggressive fish small size fish but decorated well I was thinking all walstad tanks self sufficient simple water changes no vacuum cap potting soil with knitting mess inch of pea gravel sponge filter twenty gallon twenty gallon air pump brown an white bead bubbler visual eye catcher two snails male guppy female guppy some plants bomba crypt are sword, pink accent rocks for girls blue for boys are red oh an driftwood drilled an placed on back glass with suction cups java moss wrapped to give it the nature look an 3D effect. 18 inch t/8 Walmart plant grow slide glass top at most make it easier for the child to inter act . Small heater submersible set low near bottom vertical under driftwood some plastic toys weighted down . What you think ? I think it'll give the family a small piece of enjoyment doing trying times. Plus give the child a gift that'll last for a long time
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:30 pm

Lets proceed!.. .Ira was giving away 10g tanks...Great idea, good job.. I've got guppies & plants. Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:41 pm

Waiting on a list from children's an we are going forward calling this project vafa help a child. Planing on talking to some lfs also maybe place some adds generate some chatter amongst fellow fish keepers another alternative for saving fish an making new friends.
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:08 am

Cal.. your/our efforts will be far more rewarding than the joy the kids receive... It's truly a blessing to give... Let me know what I can do to assist in the effort... Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:26 pm

I got you bill thanks again hopefully other members will get involved.
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down