VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why cant you use just tap water

4 posters

Go down

why cant you use just tap water  Empty why cant you use just tap water

Post  chiclidlover Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:06 pm

A close friend of the family came over an was watching me change water I usely put twenty gallons in a cooler with my prime in it for wc he ask y not use just tap water its safe for us? I smh an replied fish don't drink water first of all an secoundly it has chlorine in it. He says no wounder my fish keep croaking on me lol you will never do a wc for me or top off my tank better yet go play bingo with the woman I got this
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

why cant you use just tap water  Empty Re: why cant you use just tap water

Post  Amp2020 Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:39 pm

Lol. A customer who just moved to Richmond had all his fish die. Where he lived before they only used chlorine to treat the water. So he would let it sit out over night with an airstone and use it the next day. He didn't realize here they add chloramine and it killed everything he brought with him. He now knows the importance of using Prime.

Amp2020
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:36 pm

Wow it's sad. I'm a newbie an I'm treating my water no matter where I'm at
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:54 pm

A friend of mine was sharing their experience with maintaining a breeding operation and observed that one of the biggest expenses encountered was the cost of Prime!  50% water changes per day uses up a lot of Prime!  Is there a source for bulk purchases of the product?  Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:21 pm

Lol I would've said try Sam's club
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  neogeo20041 Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:12 pm

Prime is the only thing I ever use and melafix. Fish seems to respond to good schudle of water change. I have noticed growing juvenile angelfish their body shape seem to be very erect. I have also noticed growth difference from tanks that received less water change. The difference in size was extremely noticeable. Just my two since we are talking about water.
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amp2020 Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:45 am

I'd suggest looking for gallon containers of Prime if someone is using that much. Or maybe have a well drilled, lol. I've seen people build cisterns to collect clean rainwater out in the country.

Amp2020
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:54 am

Amp, that's my point... All I can ever locate is the 16 oz. containers... and they're like a buck an ounce!
I did Just locate the Oasis product in 67 oz size:  http://www.wag.com/fish/p/pond-prime-67-6-oz-421104?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_W&utm_content=pla&utm_campaign=GooglePLA  but at $122.00!  
and the same thing:  http://www.thatpetplace.com/pond-prime-67oz?gdftrk=gdfV2226_a_7c268_a_7c6967_a_7c198638&ne_ppc_id=1463&ne_key_id=26445991&gclid=CObg34CgvrwCFQIOOgod6WkAAQ at $39.00!  WTH?

Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:00 am

I did find the Seachem Prime... pretty good deal!  1 gallon for $66.00!  http://www.petmountain.com/product/aquarium-water-conditioners/11442-503274/prime-water-conditioner.html
Or $245.00 for a FIVE gallon container!  Anyone wanna go in on a bulk order?  Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:49 am

Is there a prime vendor that supplies the pet stores around va that'll be a great connection for you an the vafaforum
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:52 am

Cich.. I'm pretty sure the "vendors" that supply the stores around the area wouldn't have anything to do with a small fish club.  It would impact THEIR customers and their customers (LFS's) just might find a new supplier!  As it is, I feel bad about bulk orders we place online via our fish club and the impact that has on LFS's... Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down