VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angelfish Flake Food. Kensfish.

+2
FishVixen
williemcd
6 posters

Go down

Angelfish Flake Food.  Kensfish. Empty Angelfish Flake Food. Kensfish.

Post  williemcd Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:34 pm

Doxie and I and a few others placed an order with Kensfish. We went bulk on the Angel Flake Food and have a lb. or more avail at cost. Cost is $4.00 per 1/2 lb. To get a visual of what 1/2 lb. looks like, I store my Angel food in those big ground coffee containers and a 1/2 lb. fills one. Tetra-min charges about $14.00 for less than 4 oz. Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Angelfish Flake Food.  Kensfish. Empty Re: Angelfish Flake Food. Kensfish.

Post  FishVixen Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:28 pm

Wish I lived close by I'd jump on it another thing is have to wait till the 3rd for more money Evil or Very Mad
FishVixen
FishVixen

Back to top Go down

Post  Fern Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:17 pm

Curious what the ingredients are?

Tetra is crap btw
Fern
Fern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FishVixen Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:18 am

OOHH NO not tetra may well feed them cardboard if your going to feed tetra flake.
FishVixen
FishVixen

Back to top Go down

Post  Doxiemom Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:20 am

Fern, Kens has a list of the nutritional information for each food on the website. For Angels I LOVE this flake!! Better than what you can get at the LFS and 1/2 lb is a LOT of flake for just$4!! I just started using the "# 3 grow food" and Angel juvies have picked up growing speed already!! (wanted to get something better for growth AFTER weaning from BBS).
PS....Tried the the Ken's Brine Shrimp Flake and EVERY SINGLE TANK said "NO WAY!!"
Doxiemom
Doxiemom

Back to top Go down

Post  Fern Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:59 pm

What is the link?
I personally wouldn't trust a food that cheap

Personally I only use one kind of flake for any fish fresh or salt and that is Spirulina 20 by Zoo med (used to be made by aquatrol inc.) Best food I have ever used! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
You get what you pay for.....

And their brine shrimp flake is amazing!
Fern
Fern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:43 pm

Fern, the link to kens.
kensfish.com
The Angel Flakes: Ingredients: a proprietary blend of white fish meal & white fish protein concentrate. Food grade quality soy been meal, oatmeal, wheat flour, and wheat flour gluten. Our mix of dried plankton, shrimp krill, and brine shrimp. Frozen brine shrimp & plankton in there own brew. Fish oil. First grade lecithin. Ascophyllum nodosum (kelp) and spirulina algea. Supplement booster vitamin/mineral additive. Methionine.ascorbic acid (source of vitamin c).natural and some artificial coloring. Guaranteed analysis: crude protein 45.0% min., crude fat 5.0% min., crude fiber 4.0% max., moisture 8.0% max., all natural ingredients, except for some artificial coloring. No preservatives.

Spirulina: Contains extra spirulina algea! Ingredients: fish meal, soy flour, wheat flour, oat flour, corn gluten meal, dried spirulina algea, shrimp meal, dried plankton, brewers dried yeast, soy oil, lecithin, vitamin supplements a, d3, b12, biotin, natural coloring, ascorbic acid (source of vitamin c). Guaranteed analysis: crude protein 45.0% min., crude fat 9.0% min., crude fiber 1.6% max., moisture 9.0% max. All natural ingredients, except for some artificial coloring. No preservatives.

Admin
Admin

https://vafa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fern Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:45 pm

Ok thats a fairly decent food
Fern
Fern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:50 pm

Yea, Kens has a strong following in the area for some reason. Not sure who got it started around here... But.. His prices are very reasonable for the most part. I pick up sponge filters every time a group order goes out for some reason. It's nice to have some seeded ones around for new tank setups ....either mine or someone getting into a new tank... Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  Alowishus Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:07 pm

Fern wrote:Personally I only use one kind of flake for any fish fresh or salt and that is Spirulina 20 by Zoo med

That's what I feed, too - and because you told me to, if I remember correctly.

Alowishus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fern Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:57 pm

Alowishus wrote:
Fern wrote:Personally I only use one kind of flake for any fish fresh or salt and that is Spirulina 20 by Zoo med

That's what I feed, too - and because you told me to, if I remember correctly.

Ya I probably did tell you. I love that flake great for any fish and brings out their colors with natural stuff not the hormones and fake junk. When I had just shy of 3,000g of fresh I would buy it by the 2lb bucket.
Fern
Fern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down