VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angelfish hathery soon???

+2
Doxiemom
neogeo20041
6 posters

Go down

Angelfish hathery soon???  Empty Angelfish hathery soon???

Post  neogeo20041 Tue May 28, 2013 2:06 am

Bout to set an angelfish hatchery in few weeks. My pairs are laying eggs left and right but I can't seem to keep any fry alive. I found my fries aren't eating the white worms. Going to switch to brine shrimp forever. Since I just finished my double stand(pics comin soon) and was thinking I'm going to start a breeding project with other members from the forum. If any one is interested in joining let me know.
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

Angelfish hathery soon???  Empty Re: Angelfish hathery soon???

Post  Doxiemom Thu May 30, 2013 8:00 am

When are the fry dying off?? Or are they getting eaten?
Doxiemom
Doxiemom

Back to top Go down

Post  COCOBIRD Thu May 30, 2013 12:16 pm

You're more than welcome to any of my fry. When would you want them? Wriggling or free swimming?
COCOBIRD
COCOBIRD

Back to top Go down

Post  IRAligon Thu May 30, 2013 12:24 pm

You will have to learn to hatch out brineshrimp eveyday. when you start turning out 100 -150 too sell every week quarter size. let me know. Lots of luck.

IRAligon

Back to top Go down

Post  neogeo20041 Thu May 30, 2013 3:34 pm

Doxie-not enough food source because they can't seem to see white worms for some reason. No worries though moving things around and setting up a few fry tanks and grow out tanks kind of excited Razz.
Ira-Setting up a decent brine shrimp hatchery so don't ever have to worry about it. If I have questions will send you a pm.
Coco-the bigger the better. As of now I'm still in the process of setting things. Once I'm done though I can take your fries and raise them. Rest assured though I won't sell your fries might just give away to people that are just getting into the hobby.
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  neogeo20041 Thu May 30, 2013 3:36 pm

I have some pairs I would love to lone others if they are interested in participating in my breeding project. You don't really have to be experience to breed angels just motivation,dedication and a little knowledge helps.
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  IRAligon Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:18 pm

You need space for 1500 gallons For a good hatchery. I feed bbs until they were Quarter size then feed fine flake. and was Shipping out 150 to 200 a week.plus raising white clouds,two kinds of pencils ,emperor tetras and catching 2000 crayfish and selling them  and 1000 grass shrimp and a 14 hour a day warehouse job.

IRAligon

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:38 pm

Ira... Most all folks enter into the hobby and develop a passion for the fish they keep.. then expand into a specific specialization of those the want to explore / keep....Then others stray into the financial aspects of the trade and haven't yet paid the dues towards garnering the knowledge on how to pursue such an endeavor.. ....   I applaud your efforts of the past and just wish you had the physical capability to introduce your efforts once again into the community..  Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  ciscosdad Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:19 pm

I for one would love to hear more about Ira and his adventures in the hobby. Not in this for huge profit but it would be nice if my hobby would pay for itself. I look forward to every post that he adds.
ciscosdad
ciscosdad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down