VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

high five dude you @#@@#%/π Rock

4 posters

Go down

high five dude you @#@@#%/π Rock Empty high five dude you @#@@#%/π Rock

Post  chiclidlover Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:44 pm

Just put my four Oscars in there new home. They actual swam around stooped where I was placing a plant slap there tail fins on by one on my wrist like high five dude . There going up an down following the kids hand movement this is AAAAAWWWWWSSSSSOOOOOOMMMMMEEEEEE .. screamed the lil ones next step making my on fish food for them ...
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

high five dude you @#@@#%/π Rock Empty link to pics

Post  chiclidlover Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:27 pm

chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

high five dude you @#@@#%/π Rock Empty Re: high five dude you @#@@#%/π Rock

Post  Amp2020 Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:09 pm

Nice looking tank. I'm sure they'll love that tank setup.

To post pictures place the web address into the field. [ img ]Here[ /img ]
For example. [img ]http://hostmypicture. com/images/img2014011.jpg[/img ]

I added spaces inside of the brackets to get them to show up on here.

Amp2020
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:20 pm

Amp?Cal, I've posted a means of posting directly from your pc or phone i suppose without using a hosting site.  It's dorkey but works.. .https://vafa.forumotion.com/t75-how-to-post-pics-directly-from-your-pc?highlight=posting+pics

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:45 am

Thanks Amp good tip ... thanks bill ill use the link also .. searching fish type for the 29 gallon tank.I really like the glass cat an tiger barb guppies are nice too any suggestions
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Amp2020 Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:14 pm

Glass cats are tricky to feed right and are very timid. Tiger barbs are hardy and a favorite but must be kept in groups of five or better yet ten. The guppies are hardy for some people but I have no luck with them, and they will likely get torn up by the barbs.

Stop by my work sometime and I'll give you a tour around the aquatics department and show you what I would suggest. Its best to pick out your favorite fish first and then see what will get along with it. That way you're not as likely to mix incompatible fish together

Amp2020
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:19 pm

Will do ill stop by thinking of some good colors to match up with the crouched sea shells an pfs this one is Pearl color
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:26 pm

Cal.. a personal bias here regarding Tiger Barbs.  They were one of the 1st fish I kept in a community tank back in the early 70's... And have never had them again!  My experience, and their reputation, is that they are fin-nippers!  Will harass other fish to the point of exhaustion and death... My 2 cents.  Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  neogeo20041 Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:11 pm

I have kept tiger barbs before. If I recall correctly I had about 22 in a 40 gallon planted tank. I kept them with sarpae tetra, cherry barb, gold ram, hatched fish but couldn't keep guppies, bettas and veil angels. A lot of the fish can kept but depends on their temperment, number of barbs and how big is the tank. Ignore me talking.....lol..
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amp2020 Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:43 pm

williemcd wrote:Cal.. a personal bias here regarding Tiger Barbs.  They were one of the 1st fish I kept in a community tank back in the early 70's... And have never had them again!  My experience, and their reputation, is that they are fin-nippers!  Will harass other fish to the point of exhaustion and death... My 2 cents.  Bill

This is a very common scenario when there's only a few tiger barbs in the tank. They are fin nippers. The reason is that they are a shoaling fish and the dominant fish are always trying to assert their dominance. If there's no other barbs to fight with, then they will start to compete with the other fish. Most other fish are not fast enough or tough enough to handle the rough abuse and end up getting their finds nipped. Having a single male with multiple females is also not advised because the male with fight with other fish. Have atleast two males and twice as many females. Best kept in groups of ten or more.

Amp2020
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:06 am

Amp...oddly enough, before sharing your advice of 10 or more, I'd been talking with Ira about my TB bias.. .and he came up with your same advice... Too coincidental... you two talking behind closed doors? Bill  Very Happy

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:22 am

Hey verb I have a 29 gallon.. I like the barbs they have some unique colors.thanks bill your two cents goes a long way. I was reading the same article about the fin nipping an the aggressive nature behind alpha male an female. Thanks amp I like the schooling look though .
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Amp2020 Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:49 pm

My favorite schooling fish are; blood fin tetras, debawie catfish, glass catfish, rummynose tetras, brilliant rasboras, red belly dace, white clouds, neon tetras, black neon tetras, gold tetras, glow light tetras, hatchet fish, and serpae tetras.

Amp2020
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  neogeo20041 Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:56 am

Amp2020 wrote:My favorite schooling fish are; blood fin tetras, debawie catfish, glass catfish, rummynose tetras, brilliant rasboras, red belly dace, white clouds, neon tetras, black neon tetras, gold tetras, glow light tetras, hatchet fish, and serpae tetras.

No cardinal tetra???
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:45 pm

Thanks guys been looking at them all there all great
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down