VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anybody have a medium sized rock I can borrow?

3 posters

Go down

Does anybody have a medium sized rock I can borrow? Empty Does anybody have a medium sized rock I can borrow?

Post  VeeSe Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:12 pm

I need an aquarium safe rock to hold down my driftwood until it waterlogs, and then you can have the rock back.

VeeSe

Back to top Go down

Does anybody have a medium sized rock I can borrow? Empty Re: Does anybody have a medium sized rock I can borrow?

Post  williemcd Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:38 pm

Vee, I'll supply up to a half ton of rock. Aqua safe. BUT... you'll be responsible for passing it on to someone else that needs it or can use it. Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Does anybody have a medium sized rock I can borrow? Empty Re: Does anybody have a medium sized rock I can borrow?

Post  COCOBIRD Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:12 pm

I just added a piece of driftwood to my tank over the weekend. I had to use my largest rock to hold it down. How log will it take to waterlog?
COCOBIRD
COCOBIRD

Back to top Go down

Post  VeeSe Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:26 pm

Did you soak it at all prior to putting it in the tank? This can help a lot. Also, if you put the driftwood in a pot or something with tap water and boil it, that helps tremendously. Otherwise, it could be weeks at best and potentially months until it finally waterlogs!

VeeSe

Back to top Go down

Post  COCOBIRD Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:38 pm

Only soaked it for about 24 hours and no way it would fit in a pot.

Guess I won't re-arrange my hardscape for a while. Plants need to root up anyway.
COCOBIRD
COCOBIRD

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:26 am

Coco.. fill a kitchen waste basket with water to water log it... Put a bowling ball or a rock to insure it's submerged. (Will promote the absorption of water). Before that, put the log in your tub and boil a tea kettle of water and pour it over the log. Repeat till you feel it's safe.

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down