VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neo's Shrimp tank.

4 posters

Go down

Neo's Shrimp tank. Empty Neo's Shrimp tank.

Post  neogeo20041 Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:04 am

Usual Day in my shrimp tank. I'm about to have a population explosion again this time though I will cull greatly and hope for even better colors. I still have enough shrimp for sale
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

Neo's Shrimp tank. Empty Re: Neo's Shrimp tank.

Post  kat12 Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:10 am

The video does not do your reds justice. How many did you originally start with on the reds? You're making me want more!!!!! Berried, but I'm not doing good at being patient!

kat12

Back to top Go down

Post  neogeo20041 Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:15 am

I only started out with 24 shrimps. It does take few months before they start multiplying. It is all about being consistent. Sadly, I was only focusing on the CRS and hopefully once I get a better camera lens my Cherries will look a lot better. I really am doing my research now on shrimp and have to say that these little buggers are worth the effort. I always have extra if you want more haha...won't mind picking up some of your endlers. Your pic is making me want some so bad just being patient. Smile
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  verbal Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:57 pm

neogeo20041 wrote:I only started out with 24 shrimps. It does take few months before they start multiplying. It is all about being consistent. Sadly, I was only focusing on the CRS and hopefully once I get a better camera lens my Cherries will look a lot better. I really am doing my research now on shrimp and have to say that these little buggers are worth the effort. I always have extra if you want more haha...won't mind picking up some of your endlers. Your pic is making me want some so bad just being patient. Smile
What parameters and food do you use for you CRS? I have RCS that breed like crazy and seem to be having decent luck with yellows. I have tried CRS a couple times without any luck.

verbal

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:13 pm

Let me introduce ya'll to Verbal as he's been a bit quiet on here for a while... Jess is a big player in the Potomac Valley Aquatic Society..(PVAS) One of the better run/managed fish clubs I've encountered. They are primarily the SW DC suburbs but do host a monthly meeting as well as at least one incredible auction per year... Like close to 1,000 items' going on the block!
Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  neogeo20041 Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:54 pm

For my cherries I usually don't monitor much of my parameters. I know the ph is little acidic because of the tea color I get from the driftwood I got in there. I do 25-50% water depending how often I do water changes. In have been feeding them algae wafers, bottom feeder food, high quality flakes, shrimp cuisine and some spirulina flake. No clue about my gh or kh but about to get test kits for them. Crs have different water parameter then cherries. But this one in my tank don't seem to mind being there Smile
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  verbal Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:10 pm

williemcd wrote:Let me introduce ya'll to Verbal as he's been a bit quiet on here for a while... Jess is a big player in the Potomac Valley Aquatic Society..(PVAS)   One of the better run/managed fish clubs I've encountered.  They are primarily the SW DC suburbs but do host a monthly meeting as well as at least one incredible auction per year... Like close to 1,000 items' going on the block!  
Bill
Thanks for the introduction. I posted a brief one in the intro thread and started a PVAS events thread. There will be 2 auctions this year one definitely in October. I hope there won't be 1000 live auction items, but with the tag sale there will probably be over 1000 items to choose from between the two formats and a reasonable end time.

verbal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down