VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

horsehair worms

3 posters

Go down

horsehair worms Empty horsehair worms

Post  kat12 Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:35 pm

How do you treat/kill these?

kat12

Back to top Go down

horsehair worms Empty Re: horsehair worms

Post  Doxiemom Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:21 am

Are you positive they are horsehair worms? Or could it be Planaria? Either way.....a good 50% water change and a tank cleaning. Wipe down the inside walls of the tank. Next...unless you are feeding fry..back off the feedings to once a day, Only feed enough so that your fish go for it before it hits the bottom!! Common issue...easy cure!! Smile
Doxiemom
Doxiemom

Back to top Go down

Post  kat12 Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:28 pm

It isn't on the glass, is free swimming, came in with the azolla I just got and I was stupid and put it in the new tank, so NO feeding is happening.

kat12

Back to top Go down

Post  Amp2020 Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:55 pm

Those were just some harmless nematodes. I saw some in my bag. The fish love eating them and I'm pretty sure they are not parasites. Just little white worms that swim around.

Amp2020
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kat12 Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:59 pm

Amp2020 wrote:Those were just some harmless nematodes. I saw some in my bag. The fish love eating them and I'm pretty sure they are not parasites. Just little white worms that swim around.
Gordiacea?

Searching stuff like this is as bad as webmd! Going to treat just in case cause if it is they are dangerous to snails and shrimp so don't want them around!

kat12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down