VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone have any experience with DIY co2?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone have any experience with DIY co2? Empty Anyone have any experience with DIY co2?

Post  ciscosdad Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:08 pm

I think I want to try co2 on my 75. I understand how to make it, just want to know if anyone has had any luck?
ciscosdad
ciscosdad

Back to top Go down

Anyone have any experience with DIY co2? Empty Re: Anyone have any experience with DIY co2?

Post  AngelAddict Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:18 pm

I tired it a few times and couldn't get it to work right each time. if it wasn't a seal issue it was a consistency issue. i went to regular c02

AngelAddict

Back to top Go down

Anyone have any experience with DIY co2? Empty Re: Anyone have any experience with DIY co2?

Post  chiclidlover Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:14 pm

Its easy to make the mix is the hard part.
one three liter bottle
1 fine air stone
1 16 oz empty bottle for bubble counter
2 check valve
six feet of air line
Drill bit for making holes for air line in bottle tops size smaller is better air tight fit.
caulking or glue no elmers super glue gel is good also just let set an cure.
3 cups of sugar brown is better but white will do ok.
2 tea spoons of baking soda an four teaspoon of starch (optional)
12 oz of cold water.
2 liters of hot water from tap.

First rinse bottles with hot water.
second funnel sugar baking soda an starch in to 2 liter
bottle. Next add 2 liters of hot water from tap shake with cap on til blended well.

Remove cap drill one hole in the middle a size smaller then the air line for air tight seal. Add line threw by cutting the end in a angle. This line should be a foot long. One youve pulled two inches of line threw cap cut air line same length as cap.it should fit flush.
the next cap on the 16 oz bottle should have 2 holes. One for the 3 liter bottle as an intake libe this should fit almost the lenght of the 16 oz bottle with 4 inches out of cap this long line should be join by the check valve the arrow should be pointing towards the 16 oz bottle the next line should fit flush with cap this will feed the air stone leave about two feet from cap on this line an add check valve with arrow pointing toward air stone.placement of stone should be half an half of tank for great distribution never use power heads are existing filter wont work properly.
Next mix yeast in a small bowl with warm water it should look like heavy cream funnel into 3 liter bottle. Next fill 16 oz bottle with 12 oz cold water place long line from second cap with two holes to check first. Next stick finger or cover 3 liter bottle an shake until well mix gently don't go crazy you'll damage the yeast. Next screw cap is one on. Squeeze 3 liter bottle an check for leaks caps should be tight . You should see bubbles in your bubble counter. Dont worry just loosen the top o 3 liter an air will enter an the bottle will spring back. Place both bottles in a safe area so the wont get knocked over.shake bubble counter an check air stone for perfect fit.
no loose fitting on stone should fit tight.
once youve set the bottles leave for about ten mins an you should have bubbles an a steady mist . This will last two weeks. Remember to seal caps around line for safety an use check valves.if you need help let me know
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  ciscosdad Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:03 pm

Made mine a few days ago. Hope to see some good results in the next few months.
ciscosdad
ciscosdad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum