VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

walstad substrate twenty an 10

Go down

walstad substrate twenty an 10 Empty walstad substrate twenty an 10

Post  chiclidlover Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:33 am

walstad substrate twenty an 10 20141017walstad substrate twenty an 10 20141016walstad substrate twenty an 10 20141015walstad substrate twenty an 10 20141014. just showing off my newest venture planted tanks walstad.. grabbed some angels from bill there in the temp home awaiting tank cycle on the twenty got four of those angellic creatures thanks bill.
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

walstad substrate twenty an 10 Empty Re: walstad substrate twenty an 10

Post  chiclidlover Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:47 am

Did my w/c on twenty an notice the cabomba I got from bill has started pedaling the swords or pearling java fern pearling. Gotta pass this on when setting up walstad sift soil thoroughly.matter of fact get a shovel head to your local lake an dig a section an make notes of changes in soil . Mimic the same levels soil in your tank. Clay is always first then top soil then gravel no sand only use sand if your using a undergravel thermal cable. I use a 1/4 of in of clay then maple leaves then organic top soil lowes blue bag no frets all natural compost. Pea size gravel 1" of both topsoil an gravel. You can add iron metal debri but the clay has enough slow fill drain slow fill drain fill again let sit for an hour with just air flow sponge filter is best no heavy water movement so less is better 10 gallon sponge filter 20 gallon ten mechanical an twenty sponge filter no powered is needed at first wait until tank has cycle an you've did your first an last gravel vac. Vacuum lightly across the top do not stick vacuum directly to gravel.set temp to desired temp plant or just grow floaters. Your tank will settle in a week with or with outbacteria boost or guick start if you already have an established tank an media from that tank or scoop some substrate out an added to the tank. Lava rocks work best but if you dont have any take that dirty filter out an drop it in the tank.have fun guys an gals its a new world lol
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down