VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PVAS June meeting - Discus Hans

2 posters

Go down

PVAS June meeting - Discus Hans Empty PVAS June meeting - Discus Hans

Post  verbal Thu May 29, 2014 9:07 am

Discus Hans, "The Top 5 Myths about Keeping Discus"

Discus Hans has been breeding Discus fish since 1982. In those internet contests which were held from 1997 'till 2000 Discus Hans was chosen to be the best Discus breeder worldwide. In 2002, Hans partnered with Stendker Discus, the largest Discus hatchery in Europe, to bring Discus of unparalleled quality into the United States. With an appearance at the 2003 ACA in Cincinatti, Hans and the Stendker Discus fish surprised everyone. "This quality hasn't been seen for years in the USA" was one of the frequently heard remarks. Hans has the very special mission of promoting the high quality German bred Discus in the USA. Discus remain something of a mystery to many aquarists, with many myths about their husbandry. However, there is no doubt that these beautiful, elegant freshwater fish are the true "Kings of the Aquarium."

Please visit the Discus Hans website at http://discus-hans-usa.com, and join us Saturday to listen to Hans present on these fascinating fishes and learn why the top 5 myths about keeping Discus are just that - Myths.

Join us for the presentation, raffles, refreshments, a door-prize and our (not-so-mini) mini-auction.

PVAS meetings are held at the following location in the cafeteria:

Green Acres School
4401 Sideburn Road
Fairfax, Virginia 22030

verbal

Back to top Go down

PVAS June meeting - Discus Hans Empty Re: PVAS June meeting - Discus Hans

Post  williemcd Thu May 29, 2014 4:54 pm

Damn.. I wish I had an opening in my schedule to make the trek! It should be very interesting!.. Is it going to be taped perhaps? Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  verbal Fri May 30, 2014 11:09 pm

williemcd wrote:Damn.. I wish I had an opening in my schedule to make the trek!  It should be very interesting!.. Is it going to be taped perhaps?  Bill

Generally speakers won't allow their presentations to be taped. It might be worth checking with James River Aquarium Society if they are able to bring him down as a speaker. I think expect that he and his fish will be at the Catfish Convention in October.

verbal

Back to top Go down

Post  verbal Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:36 pm

williemcd wrote:Damn.. I wish I had an opening in my schedule to make the trek!  It should be very interesting!.. Is it going to be taped perhaps?  Bill

I haven't watched the video, but apparently he was interviewed by John from K&G Tropicals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ3o3QJgMrs

verbal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down