VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOS.... Calling on my Fellow Members for Assistance PLEASE!!!!

3 posters

Go down

SOS.... Calling on my Fellow Members for Assistance PLEASE!!!! Empty SOS.... Calling on my Fellow Members for Assistance PLEASE!!!!

Post  CalebNmomLuvFish Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:34 am

Hello all,
I just listed a post under "Non Fish Related" asking for assistance loading a 220 Aquarium from the house where it was purchased on Staples Mill Rd, Glen Allen into my pickup truck...I'll work it out from there as I live out in the sticks!!
This aquarium, I'm told, weighs in excess of 500 lbs and I have no one yet that can Definitely help me, but my 13 year old son and possibly my older son, who is a big fellow, but also is mentally impaired, so I don't know that it's such a great idea to depend on his assistance. My husband drives a big rig and so I cannot be sure if he'll be in town to help yet or not. If so, it will likely be in the evening. My schedule is wide open, I just need some helping hands to get this monster into my truck!!
I'm asking any of you that might be able to assist, to PLEASE HELP!! I'm told that this is a job for between 4-6 strong men. I can back right up to the back door, so it doesn't have far to go, but it's so heavy, and inside a wall. It will be ready to slide out and go..but I HAVE TO pick it up TOMORROW.
I'm sorry, I can't offer you money for your help, beyond a few dollars for your gas. Basically spent what I had on the aquarium. I'm hoping any of you who've ever been in a similar spot, will understand.
I will be out from about 10:45-1:00 p.m. today for a dr's apt, but I will check the forum as soon as I get back and you can text me, if it's easier for you, at 804-627-1535.
Thank you so much!!!
Sarah
CalebNmomLuvFish
CalebNmomLuvFish

Back to top Go down

SOS.... Calling on my Fellow Members for Assistance PLEASE!!!! Empty Re: SOS.... Calling on my Fellow Members for Assistance PLEASE!!!!

Post  Amp2020 Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:32 pm

Most of my day is booked but I'm available to help after 5pm.

Amp2020
Admin

Back to top Go down

SOS.... Calling on my Fellow Members for Assistance PLEASE!!!! Empty Re: SOS.... Calling on my Fellow Members for Assistance PLEASE!!!!

Post  Amp2020 Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:43 pm

I'm also off all day Thursday. I've got suction cups and furniture dollies to make it much easier. So we won't have to carry it the whole time. I'm going to need at least three other average size men to help move the tank.

Just in case anyone was wondering. The location of the tank is that big ranch on Staplesmill Road with all the cactuses in front. I'm very interested in just checking out the ranch and see what else is for sale.

Sarah...you never got back with me to tell me what else this guy had for sale? Any other tanks, equipment, or supplies?

Amp2020
Admin

Back to top Go down

SOS.... Calling on my Fellow Members for Assistance PLEASE!!!! Empty Thank you!!

Post  CalebNmomLuvFish Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:30 pm

guru guru  Smile I haven't been able to reach my hubby, so I don't yet know his sched for tomorrow, but I'm guessing that would be the best time for him as well. Yep, I did tell ya what I know of that he has, that was just a couple of things, as I didn't get to look at his tank equip or talk with him about it due to all the chaos at the time....so many people calling, at the gate or at the door..etc. I dealt mostly with his wife who said she didn't know anything about all his fish stuff. I know he has a lot of the plastic bio balls, 5 gal bucket for $15 and also a couple of really big staghorn coral that he was asking $200 for. He was outside the whole time I was there other than about 10 minutes, then he was in a lot of pain and seemed to be a bit out of it so he didn't say much before excusing himself. I'm sure there are other things though as he had that 1500 gal set up not too long ago, and both the 220's plus he has an outdoor pool, outdoor ponds and an indoor pond complete with a little bridge to walk over and waterfall and koi in it. It's unreal. That's just what I could see from the door to the front couple of rooms. So.. I'm sure there's stuff he wouldn't mind parting with. But under the circumstances, I didn't have the opportunity to even ask.
I'll get back in touch later this eve as soon as I hear from my hubby and if no one else is available by then, I'll make some phone calls and see if I can drum up anything.
Thank you so much again victor!!
Sarah
CalebNmomLuvFish
CalebNmomLuvFish

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:09 pm

Sarah... I JUST got back from NY....I'm avail tomorrow if you are still forging ahead!  Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down