VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

banna plants trimmed and planted already rooting an sending up a shoot

Go down

banna plants trimmed and planted already rooting an sending up a shoot  Empty banna plants trimmed and planted already rooting an sending up a shoot

Post  chiclidlover Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:34 pm

banna plants trimmed and planted already rooting an sending up a shoot  Photo_13banna plants trimmed and planted already rooting an sending up a shoot  Photo_14 ill post some more of me trimming an planting its easy banana plants are hardy an regenerate at an alarming rate. plus my pleco loves to lay between the stems on the pots. I recommend potting them with gravel an soil are amps clay balls this helps control the spread of the plant an protects the banana roots. floating them is good but note they will take over the top of your tank an consume most of the light from other plants because of the shape of the leaves they make great hiding spots for fry an small fish do some research an them as I did you'll find they generally take care of them self they feed off nitrates an waste from fish an produce a large amount of o2. low light is best for the green color leaves but high light turns the leaves red, thanks for reading hope it helps oh yeah plant them about six inches apart maximum an three inches minimum this will allow proper growth an spread otherwise you'll have a tangled tank where fish may get trapped are damage the plant.
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

banna plants trimmed and planted already rooting an sending up a shoot  Empty Re: banna plants trimmed and planted already rooting an sending up a shoot

Post  chiclidlover Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:00 pm

banna plants trimmed and planted already rooting an sending up a shoot  Img_2019 the same plant in the above picture is second frommthe middle it has shot up two stems an a flower is growing small but noticeable
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down