VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mail Box. and Friends List!

2 posters

Go down

Mail Box. and Friends List! Empty Mail Box. and Friends List!

Post  williemcd Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:14 pm

There are a few issues with Forumotion that I'm not 100% pleased with.. i.e. their photo posting hoops you need to go through (Why no drag and drop?).. but two that are subtle and a number of folks might not be aware of. 
1.  Messages... I think each user only has the capability to retain 50 or so messages.  I think there is a setting to increase it.... Admins?.. another point, when a user/members limits are met, this used to drop the OLDEST message.  A few minutes ago, I looked up a sent message and due to my mail box being full, it didn't retain it as it's not dropping old but rather rejecting new.  Admin?
2.  Friends List... I'm not sure what value this holds in the first place but it's there... Maybe because they are set up for forums that contain 1,000's of members.  But to accept a friends request, there is no prompt to do so.  In order to review your friends list, you must click on your Profile from the home page.  On that page is a friends list tab.. Here you'll see those that have befriended you or have blocked you.  
Later folks!  Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Mail Box. and Friends List! Empty Re: Mail Box. and Friends List!

Post  chiclidlover Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:51 pm

I've tried to post some pics in gallery the site says all pics must be approve by admins. Before posting any pics in your gallery folder. Still can't host pics yet I've tried an tried did see the preview but didn't post it. Can I still use my link are is there a post pic for dummies on here lol
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:04 pm

Cal...Here's the dummies guide to posting pics directly from your pc or other device... rather than having to post them to a pic hosting site first.. https://vafa.forumotion.com/t75-how-to-post-pics-directly-from-your-pc?highlight=posting+pics

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:12 pm

Thanks bill I feel smarter already :-)
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:15 pm

Cal, since I've already posted everything I know about fish keeping and now have exhausted my knowledge about the forum techie stuff, I may just become a LURKER!  <grin>  Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Lol thats a good term also very versatile. Some what solitaire but mostly an alpha move.The tip of the sword. Which I like an respect howaa just wag your wings. Ill know its you lol.
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down