VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st Year Anniversary!

+3
Amp2020
neogeo20041
williemcd
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

1st Year Anniversary! - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Year Anniversary!

Post  williemcd Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:20 pm

Well... the last I heard was that Rama was going to call me to finalize a date.. but I'll initiate the call if I can stay awake till after his closing time.  I've heard both 18th and 19th bandied about but that gives us just a few days prep.  I've asked others about the following:  Name tags? (Stickies).. .Food, set-up, clean-up, door prize tickets,  organization of door prizes etc. but have yet to receive any feed back.  
I've hosted/organized three prior meetings and thought someone would like the opportunity to influence it towards their ideas/concepts but I don't mind taking it on again.  If ANYONE has any ideas, issues or suggestions, please chime in now!  Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  neogeo20041 Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:41 pm

Some topic for discussion would be nice. Since we are all meeting up.
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:21 pm

Well suggest some or solicit some!

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:21 am

How to breed fish, the best temperature for fish breeding an understanding Richmonds water table, How to keep up a planted tank. How to properly plant a tank with clay pots
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:26 am

They all sound good CL.. you up for heading a discussion group on one of em?  Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:47 am

williemcd wrote:They all sound good CL.. you up for heading a discussion group on one of em?  Bill

Yeah I could explain my potting tech. Low cost an toxic free. I don't mind sharing an talking
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:58 am

So that means you're on the agenda!  Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

1st Year Anniversary! - Page 2 Empty Anniversary meeting date/time set!

Post  williemcd Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:26 pm

Ok folks,,, we've dithered around for far too long on this topic.. 
After a discussion with Rama the best time for us will be Feb. 1 @ 3:00 p.m. at Skoolz of Fish! 

I'll be bringing a tray of cocktail meatballs and cocktail weenies.  
Each should be prepared to bring their own sodas or what-ever.  
If anyone wants to contribute to snacks or supplies, please post on the thread about to be established titled Feb 1 Meeting under this same category.  

Additionally, I hope this gives everybody the window of opportunity to attend the meeting.  
PLEASE use the Feb 1 Meeting thread to RVSP your intention to attend.. .or even post that you'll NOT be able to attend.  
In an effort to reach out to existing members, after 1 week, each "silent" member will be contacted via email in case they've lost the link to the forum.  (Admins?  only you can access the members email addy's.  This can be accomplished in the wee hours of the day if you're normally tied up for the most part)... (I'll draft an appeal letter for the missing membership.)

I'd like to have part of the meeting be dedicated to hearing everyone's thoughts about the structure of VaFA. Some clubs have very formalized makeups than we certainly do.  One club I belonged to as Pres of the Board went a bit overboard IMHO.  17 members, Pres of Board, Vice of Board, Sec. Tres. Sgt. of Arms and two at large board members.  So 7 out of 17 were on their board.  Next I observed at meetings were: 1. Reading of minutes from prior meetings presented by the secretary .. 2.  Presentation of financial statement by Treasurer.. 3.  Old business, New business presented by the Pres. 

If there is a desire to structure ourselves in such a manner, we'll need to solicit potential candidates for each position, schedule a vote for said positions etc.  
Personally, I prefer the more lax configuration like we have in place.  

For this meeting my thoughts are to conviene the meeting with a very short address, followed by individual introductions.  
Then on to the talking points as have been submitted so far.  
Question and Answer session.. If anyone has a question, state it and feedback would be provided by all interested in responding?
Raffle of door prizes!
An hour or so of socializing and groups discussions. 

Any thoughts ideas from the rest?  Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2