VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you doing fish realated Today?

+2
Alowishus
FishVixen
6 posters

Go down

What are you doing fish realated Today? Empty What are you doing fish realated Today?

Post  FishVixen Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:50 am

Well folks they say write down everything so here is a place you can jot down notes of your tanks activities. Did you do a waterchange? Did you notice strange activity in a fish? Did you go bizirk on aquabid and ordered that new fish now have to set up a tank just for it? Sometimes it help to be able to look back here and remember what you did and helps others by seeing what others do with their tanks.

Today I'm waiting for a 13 watt UV steriler to add to my 55 which has algae problems.
FishVixen
FishVixen

Back to top Go down

What are you doing fish realated Today? Empty Re: What are you doing fish realated Today?

Post  Alowishus Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:15 pm

Due for a water change on the 125 today.

One P. macrocephala female holding.

Alowishus

Back to top Go down

What are you doing fish realated Today? Empty Re: What are you doing fish realated Today?

Post  williemcd Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:38 pm

Moving some Plat blue pearls to a spawning tank. The new Discus were eating their eggs as they were being laid!

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  Alowishus Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:43 pm

williemcd wrote:The new Discus were eating their eggs as they were being laid!

OM NOM NOM

Alowishus

Back to top Go down

Post  FishVixen Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:06 pm

Recieve the UV unit. 13 watt was on back order so they sent a 24 watt in place of it. Very Happy A 24 watt UV for $39.99 not bad. !st time using Petco online service so was competely shocked. (Not a fan of those big mart stores but they were the cheapest)
FishVixen
FishVixen

Back to top Go down

Post  FishVixen Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:21 am

Did a water change added coconut shells to 5 gal tank and the baby plecos love it.
FishVixen
FishVixen

Back to top Go down

Post  FishVixen Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:31 pm

waiting!!!!!!! May get a 44 gal octagon tank free and a 10 and 20 gal full set ups for $20. If so won't be long before starting to breed angels again. Twisted Evil
FishVixen
FishVixen

Back to top Go down

Post  FishVixen Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:08 pm

Will be getting 2 tanks today off CL said 20 and 40 but looks like a 10 and 20 gal. Mother selling Daughters tanks so she has no clue. Will be here about 1PM today. Also getting a 40 gal octagon free from a friend (actually I gave them the tank over a year ago) but working out details on getting it here.

Casscade filter cleaned on 55 gal tank. (it was really yucky this time).
FishVixen
FishVixen

Back to top Go down

Post  FishVixen Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:45 am

Set up the 20 gal bare bottom with angel pair a PVC pipe and an onion plant in a small container.
FishVixen
FishVixen

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:54 am

I moved 2 plat blue pearls over to a 29 to allow them non-invasive breeding. Each had their tubes out, the Discus were hovering around awaiting a batch of fresh eggs.....Upon the relocation, the tubes disappeared for a couple of hours and now their prepping a breeding cone!.. They'll coat it by no later than tomorrow....
Oh... topped of 60 gallons of water lost due to evaporation... Should have cleaned but it's been busy here for once! Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  FishVixen Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:39 am

new set up

What are you doing fish realated Today? 20gal_zpsef5af043
What are you doing fish realated Today? Tanks_zpsfea1ea77
FishVixen
FishVixen

Back to top Go down

Post  neogeo20041 Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:49 pm

williemcd wrote:Moving some Plat blue pearls to a spawning tank. The new Discus were eating their eggs as they were being laid!
I was there to watch it not cewl Sad
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:37 pm

Neo, this was a 2nd effort since you dropped in...

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  FishVixen Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:52 pm

Setting up the 44 hex tank today. Need to figure a way to get light to bottom of tank for plants. Tank had old sand and about an inch of water in it with approx 300 assassin snails. LOL Now I need plants. Twisted Evil Time to play and set it up. Need more filtration only a 30 gal HOB and a small sponge came with it.
FishVixen
FishVixen

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:56 pm

Vix...Plants will be coming as soon as I finish this damn job I picked up!... It's not quite 9 p.m. and already looking forward to bed!

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Well.. after "working" (a four letter word if there was one) for 8 days, had today off and had a boat load of chores to accomplish... SO, tomorrow, Every tank is going to receive a major vacuum and 50% w/c's. I figure if I put it in writing, I'll be motivated to "get-er-dun".. Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

What are you doing fish realated Today? Empty Having a ball

Post  chiclidlover Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:51 pm

Doing water changes; headed down Midlothian to the rock deposit.. spend time with granny pick some stones out here rock garden for the other tank.. an took two pieces of slate from the shed think imma make a cave are too.. afterwards headed to rama with the kids to get some feeders.oh an watched my granny's gold fish watch price as right lol..
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  kat12 Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:09 pm

Water change on the baby 55 gallon so far, probably do the 26g tonight, kids finished naptime before I did that one too Very Happy

kat12

Back to top Go down

Post  neogeo20041 Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:59 pm

If I post what I do in my daily basis in my fish room. I will have thousand posts. So here is what i did last night. Did water change on 3 20 highs, I did 50 % water change on my 72 bow front , did 50 percent water change on 2 55s. Also did water change on my 5 gallon hatching jar. Moved a lot of fish. Getting new pair like every few days. Getting tons of eggs to the point I can't handle it. Finally figured what I want to do with the red topaz guppies. I have two trio up for grabs, one is going to Kat and the other one is still anyone who wants it. Fish room is crazy :0. Happy fish keeping.
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kat12 Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:34 am

water change on 26 done

kat12

Back to top Go down

Post  neogeo20041 Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:44 am

Just did a water change in guppy tank, 72 bow front, 2 20 high pair tanks and one of the 55s :0. I don't have a life at night...lol
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:50 am

Today, re-hosted 3 of Neo's angels to VaNewKid.. (owed him) and 3 from Dox.. we owed him for the blues ... Did about 40G's of the 150, 30 of the 120, only 5 of the 33, 10 of the 75. Picked up two more female Bolivians for the 3 males I have... umm... Got my windshield replaced on my truck/suv... ummm... cooked Michele a nice dinner.. .Hosted VaNewKid for a couple of hours.. did a bunch of research on various fishes with him... picked up some print cartridges so that I can print the flyers... Did some work on putting a water mark on the flyer.. (Soon to be posted for critiques).. .Sorta a normal day I'd say!

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down