VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May Meeting....

+4
CalebNmomLuvFish
IRAligon
AngelAddict
williemcd
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

May Meeting.... - Page 2 Empty Re: May Meeting....

Post  williemcd Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:36 pm

Since we're losing momentum to make a big May meeting, I'm offering up hosting a casual meeting at the house.  My wife will be traveling to NY the week before Memorial day week so that would be a great time to host it here in case of inclement weather and not intruding on her.  I'll provide the grills/charcoal etc.. but bring anything you'd like to cook out plus that which you'd drink.  I'll validate the date of availability once the wife gets home tonight.  Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  DizzyD Wed May 14, 2014 4:42 pm

I'm guessing the May meeting is dead?

DizzyD

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Wed May 14, 2014 6:04 pm

Dizzy.. I'm solidly booked for most of May.. open in June... I was thinking of hosting a BBQ/swap/aquatic yard-sale if your interested.  At this time of year, folks are more focused on getting outside.. getting their yards in shape (us older folks that is)...Graduation party planning, vacation planning.. etc.  Perhaps June will be a more rational time to try and engage the membership... Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  DizzyD Thu May 15, 2014 2:47 pm

I got ya. I've been pretty busy myself with the garden and mothers day. Just really looking forward to getting to meet some of you. I don't have many friends in the hobby at the moment. Just my Dad and I. The yard sale cookout in June sounds great. Hopefully it works out. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

I'm looking to get into reef aquariums. I have a couple tanks but that is it. I'm on a budget so a aquatic yard sale might me exactly what I need!

DizzyD

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Thu May 15, 2014 2:49 pm

Dizz.. I have folks dropping by quite often just ta visit!  My door is always open!  Out in the Brandermill area... 1 mile away from the intersection of Rt. 288 and Rt. 360.  Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

May Meeting.... - Page 2 Empty Road Trips

Post  verbal Fri May 16, 2014 7:46 pm

A couple of suggestions for potential road trips to Northern Virginia.

In July PVAS is having our Bowl Show. Generally it has been for PVAS members to enter fish(any one can come to watch and bid in the mini-auction). If there would be interest in entering fish in the show, I can check on whether that would be a possibility.

The weekend of October 17th through 19th is the Catfish Convention. It is best if you can stay overnight, but any of the days are worth the trip. Saturday is full of speakers(5) many of whom are internationally known experts. If requires registration, but is a great deal for what you get. Sunday will be a huge auction which is great if you want to buy and sell. There is no charge for bidding at the auction. Friday requires registration, but you can get a little bit of both. There are 3 speakers and then the whole 3rd floor of the hotel is rooms with fish sellers.

verbal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2