VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Needle Nose Gar to good home (already weened on to frozen food)

3 posters

Go down

Needle Nose Gar to good home (already weened on to frozen food) Empty Needle Nose Gar to good home (already weened on to frozen food)

Post  bmblair Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:33 pm

Hey guys and gals. I have a needle nose gar I'd like to rehome right now. He's just recently developed a bit of a mean streak and sometimes tries (unsuccessfully 95% of the time) to eat my younger cichlids or just flat out attack them. My fingers are included among the injured. He's a cool fish, just not right for my tank. I originally bought him and petco told me he was only eating rosy reds, I have since weened him off those and on to frozen and pellet food. He mainly eats market shrimp that I cut into small chunks, so he hasn't had feeder fish in a long time. I've seen him eat a few shrimp pellets from time to time as well. Just want him to go to a good home. I'll try and get a picture of him up soon too and some length measurements.
bmblair
bmblair

Back to top Go down

Needle Nose Gar to good home (already weened on to frozen food) Empty Re: Needle Nose Gar to good home (already weened on to frozen food)

Post  neogeo20041 Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:13 pm

Possible to see pictures???
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

Needle Nose Gar to good home (already weened on to frozen food) Empty Re: Needle Nose Gar to good home (already weened on to frozen food)

Post  williemcd Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:17 pm

He's going to be a tough one to re-home.... Attaining over a foot in length?.. and 70G min per fish?  Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  bmblair Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:21 pm

neogeo20041 wrote:Possible to see pictures???
Sure! I couldn't find one already on my computer so I'll see if he'll sit still long enough to snap a picture

Bill, yes he will be, but I'm not about to just toss the guy out haha. If I can't rehome him, then I can't. Guess he's gonna be stuck chewing on my finger.

Neo, here ya go. He was surprisingly enough very cooperative. He's roughly 5" - 5 1/2". Keeps trying to attack the tape measure so I couldn't get a solid measurement.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
bmblair
bmblair

Back to top Go down

Post  neogeo20041 Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:30 pm

I can free a 29 but not sure how long before I can give him get a proper home.
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bmblair Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:36 pm

That's fine. He's not going anywhere. Just chowing down on shrimp.
bmblair
bmblair

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:37 pm

Neo.. he'd make a GREAT culling machine!....LOL... Bri.. When I'm trying to measure a fish, I tape a ruler to the front of the tank... Then encourage him to swim by it!.. .Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  bmblair Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:42 pm

I've seen that done. I need to get a decent ruler. Besides my tape measures, the only other ruler I've got is my big steel framing square.
bmblair
bmblair

Back to top Go down

Post  neogeo20041 Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:01 pm

Let me clear the space first. Then I will let you.
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bmblair Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:03 pm

Cool. No pressure and no rush Smile
bmblair
bmblair

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down