VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food For the Leaf Fish

3 posters

Go down

Food For the Leaf Fish Empty Food For the Leaf Fish

Post  COCOBIRD Sun May 05, 2013 8:20 pm

So as I'm waiting for my guppies to do their thing, I'm searching for other food types for my leaf fish.

I'm having good success with picking up those hopping things out of the tub and throwing them in there...they LOVE those.

I'm also having luck with those inch worm things all over my front porch..they really seem to enjoy those too.

Does anyone see any problem with these food sources?

I'll post some pictures of them soon, they're gorgeous.
COCOBIRD
COCOBIRD

Back to top Go down

Food For the Leaf Fish Empty Re: Food For the Leaf Fish

Post  Sketch804 Mon May 06, 2013 7:49 pm

I would recommend NOT using live food as the staple food for your leaf fish. Disease is rampant in most feeder tanks. I have also noticed when you feed only live food the leaf fish will become more aggressive and will act more natural and hid A LOT more than it would if you use dry/frozen food. I would recommend hiraku (or whatever) food stix. I have used them for years and I get great color, very healthy and he sees me as a food source so when I come home he is always out begging. also frozen dried krill works as a nice treat here and there. Good luck!

Sketch804

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Tue May 07, 2013 1:43 am

Sketch.. good information.. good post... But, if you're raising your own live food the disease issue should be eliminated! Ya think? bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sketch804 Tue May 07, 2013 2:19 pm

williemcd wrote:Sketch.. good information.. good post... But, if you're raising your own live food the disease issue should be eliminated! Ya think? bill

Thanks much bill! Ya your right about that! Just still weary of feeding only live food, been there done that, won't go back.

Sketch804

Back to top Go down

Post  COCOBIRD Tue May 07, 2013 3:20 pm

I'm feeding live food in addition to other, commercial food.

My guppies have not bred yet and I haven't found any more hopping crickets in the tub over the last few days.
COCOBIRD
COCOBIRD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down