VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C02 Injector

2 posters

Go down

C02 Injector Empty C02 Injector

Post  AngelAddict Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:35 am

For all you planted tank guys, and specifically the people that have tried DIY CO2, I have struggled with them just the same. I had issues with Keeping the bottles sealed, the right mix, consistency of CO2 output, ect. With all the problems I gave up on CO2 until recently, I ran into the black brush algae plague. After lots of research CO2 seemed to be the best option. I was so frustrated with DIY CO2 that i started looking towards the big bottle CO2 injector rout. THESE THINGS ARE EXPENSIVE!!!! I gave up on that rout and almost lost hope on getting rid of this plague. One day i was talking to a guy at petsmart who had the same problem. He directed me towards the aquatek co2 regulator mini. It runs off a paintball CO2 tank with no adapter. I was thinking great this thing is going to cost me 150-200$ ...... NOPE 80$ on amazon! This thing is so great and consistent I'm thinking about getting a seconding one for my other planted tank. my algae is being pushed away and my plants are thriving again. its so great. comes with a bubble counter that is really nice. unfortunately it does not come with a tank or a diffuser but you can pick a tank up for 30$ not a butt load of cash for those larger set ups and the diffuser u can pick one up off amazon for 10$ or even use an air stone till you can get a diffuser. I was also worried maybe it would drain fast but ive had this thing going on the top end of my tanks CO2 capacity for about 2 close to 3 weeks and..... the needle hasn't moved. these smaller tanks cost about 5$ to refill. so in conclusion try these little things out. they're awesome consistent and cheap.

Ill post pictures soon of the set up.

AngelAddict

Back to top Go down

C02 Injector Empty Re: C02 Injector

Post  tanksalot Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:32 am

where do you get tanks refilled?

tanksalot

Back to top Go down

C02 Injector Empty Re: C02 Injector

Post  AngelAddict Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:47 am

Dicks sporting goods

AngelAddict