VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nartural spawning of some tetras

2 posters

Go down

nartural spawning of some tetras Empty nartural spawning of some tetras

Post  IRAligon Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:02 am

Spawning small tetras is easy..certain small tetras and barbs can be spawned this way.
Take a 5 or 10 gallon tank. Fill the tank with java moss grow some water sprite floating on top.
Leave a small space in the front of the tank this is were you feed the breeders at. 
If you are hatching bbs .feed the tank that or feed them micro worms. 
The fry will start eating them when they big enough. 
Before  that they eat protozoa on the plants.
Keep the tank about 80 degrees.
I use a gravel filters or sponge.filter. 
This setup will last a long time.
It will work for emperor tetras several pencil fish white clouds,cherry barbs.  Ira.

IRAligon

Back to top Go down

nartural spawning of some tetras Empty Re: nartural spawning of some tetras

Post  williemcd Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:51 pm

Ira.. I've read that the parents should be removed within 24 hrs of a spawn... and that the tank should be kept dark for the first few days after spawning.. True?  Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:54 pm

Oh.. another piece of advice I've picked up along the way... Lining the bottom of the tank, a single layer, with marbles will prevent the parents from eating the eggs from scattering spawner's.        bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  IRAligon Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:32 pm

tHE FRY SOME GET EATEN, BUT A LOT DON'T This way is esay . When you see a couple of babies swiming around you can catch the breeders out and see how many you have.The main thing is you only have to feed the tank.the marbles that is a double layer you can use that for danios and barbs,  keeping the tank dark is for neons Mostfish spawn in the morning at daybreak,neons will not hatch if light gets to them the frist three days.the way I wrote about works for me.

IRAligon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down