VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

drift wood an how to properly sanitize it.

2 posters

Go down

drift wood an how to properly sanitize it. Empty drift wood an how to properly sanitize it.

Post  chiclidlover Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:01 pm

There have been alot of discussion about driftwood an how to sterilize it. Well here's my trick first sand entire piece next wash in cold water. Next boil for an hour let stay in water for eight hours, 12 Max. Rinse again place on foil bake for thirty mins 250 top rack when done wash off the remaining particles that is on the piece this is the material that looks like saw dust so to speak I idly place in container with two gallons of water an one ring of prime ( cap measurements) . Sit for twenty four in water after that its in the tank no leaching or floating, no anchoring. Just did some from JRiver. What's your trick to curing your wood?
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

drift wood an how to properly sanitize it. Empty Re: drift wood an how to properly sanitize it.

Post  verbal Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:55 am

Do you use bleach before you use the prime?

Prime by itself won't do too much for possible pathogens. However prime can be used to neutralize bleach.

verbal

Back to top Go down

drift wood an how to properly sanitize it. Empty Re: drift wood an how to properly sanitize it.

Post  chiclidlover Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:30 pm

No verbal I use tea tree oil an mint leaves
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum