VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

well there at the i dont like my food stage lol

4 posters

Go down

well there at the i dont like my food stage lol Empty well there at the i dont like my food stage lol

Post  chiclidlover Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:28 pm

Been dealing with these big babies an the next stage of growing I recently went to a larger size hikari pellet same brand just more crunching now there in the spit back out stage lol there too funny glad I still have some of the old left darn spoiled brats.time to read up need a better source of crickets
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

well there at the i dont like my food stage lol Empty Re: well there at the i dont like my food stage lol

Post  williemcd Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:54 pm

Cal... Kensfish offers some pretty good fry food in grades 1, 2 and 3... The next time we do a group order, I'd suggest ya jump on something like that.... Dox turned me onto this stuff!... Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

well there at the i dont like my food stage lol Empty Re: well there at the i dont like my food stage lol

Post  chiclidlover Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:34 pm

Ok cool I will thanks bill
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Doxiemom Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:47 pm

I swear by the growth meal! All my fry go from BBS to this in #1 size and move up. BEST growth food IMO! As Bill said, 3 sizes.
MOST of the time...I soak the food at first to get them used to the texture. Maybe that would help you get yours to take this new food!
Doxiemom
Doxiemom

Back to top Go down

Post  verbal Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:30 pm

What fish are these?

If you want live food that is easy to culture - red wiggler worms are the way to go. They are right about in the middle in size between earthworms and blackworms, so they work well for a lot of medium sized fish.

Ken's is a good food recommendation. Also New Life Spectrum and Xtreme are other good brands.

verbal

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:46 am

Verb.. the source for those red wigglers?  Your local bait shop?  And do you gut clean them prior to offering them up?... I'd be interested in knowing how you maintain a culture... Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:28 pm

These are my Oscar fry manage to save about five of them mom has been holding them in her mouth there about finger nail length I mashed up some blood worms before I left for work there in a ten gallon tank with mom fingers are crossed hoping for the best if not ill be ready for the next batch
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:38 pm

There still hangin on removed mom so she's pissed striking at everybody lol it's going to be a long night lol got some brine shrimp going to try an hand feed them next time ill be prepared well time to pack for bmore aquarium trip tomorrow can't wait for the kids ooo wow an dad look at that :-)
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Doxiemom Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:57 pm

How was Baltimore??? I LOVE it there!
Doxiemom
Doxiemom

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:36 am

It was awesome I recommend anybody to take the trip it'll blow your mind
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Doxiemom Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:25 am

Awesome!! So glad you all had fun. I agree, an experience everyone should have. On a MUCH smaller scale......The Marine Center at Va. Beach is cool. Kids may like that!!
Doxiemom
Doxiemom

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:00 am

Yeah it's a Trip lol. Thanks doxie I'll be researching The marina maybe this tome we' ll leave the kiddies an make it a date night for me an mom
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  verbal Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:39 pm

chiclidlover wrote:These are my Oscar fry manage to save about five of them mom has been holding them in her mouth there about finger nail length I mashed up some blood worms before I left for work there in a ten gallon tank with mom fingers are crossed hoping for the best if not ill be ready for the next batch

Crushed flake will work for a lot of cichlid fry that size.

verbal

Back to top Go down

Post  verbal Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:41 pm

williemcd wrote:Verb.. the source for those red wigglers?  Your local bait shop?  And do you gut clean them prior to offering them up?... I'd be interested in knowing how you maintain a culture... Bill

I have a culture, I forget the original source was a club group buy. There is a website that sells the worm and has a lot of info. Basically it is kitchen scraps(no meat, fat or dairy) newspaper and water to keep moist in a rubbermaid bin with holes drilled for drainage.

verbal

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:45 pm

Yea.. sounds like the program I embarked in for vermiculture... I used it for my organic gardening.. and the occassional sell-off of excess stock... IIRC, they double in qty every 6 weeks... Do you gut clean them prior to use in the tanks though?  Soaking them in a slightly warm bowl of water....?

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down