VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What makes a good planted tank???

3 posters

Go down

What makes a good planted tank??? Empty What makes a good planted tank???

Post  neogeo20041 Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:34 am

I consider myself new to this hobby and planted tanks more importantly. I wanted everyone to share their ideas of what their ideal planted tank should consist of or look like. There is no right or wrong answer simply because we all have different water source, what might work for you might not work for me and vice versa.
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

What makes a good planted tank??? Empty Re: What makes a good planted tank???

Post  williemcd Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:01 am

Great question~!.... I have personal preferences that have been supported by a number of fish keepers.  We've all seen those incredible "scaped" tanks that invoke a view of something rarely ever seen in real life... Having been a scuba diver for years, I've been down in the elements where our fishes/friends inhabit and there, it's rare that you encounter some of the vista's created by some of those masters.  While as awesome as they look, it's rare to see them in real life.... Beneath the surface, you encounter a hodge-podge of plant life..IMHO, the more chaotic it ends up in your tanks, the more realistic it appears.  We are after all, charged with mimicking their natural environment as closely as possible, presenting our charges with as natural an environment as were're able to create. Hence, my lazy approach to aquascaping... LOL..  Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  ciscosdad Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:25 pm

I guess i'm with Bill. Those fancy scapes are great for competitions and it takes a tremendous amount of skill but the more natural the better for me. As long as its alive I like it. I guess I prefer a wood or rock structure that is off to one side with a bottom substrate that is never flat other than I am up for almost anything. I have seen tanks that are full of just one kind of plant, like Amazon swords, that are amazing. I'm more like Bill a mix that looks like nature planted it is more for me.
ciscosdad
ciscosdad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down