VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happens to banana plants when roots are buried deep.

3 posters

Go down

What happens to banana plants when roots are buried deep.  Empty What happens to banana plants when roots are buried deep.

Post  Amp2020 Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:26 am

What happens to banana plants when roots are buried deep.  IMAGE_680

Four months ago I had a normal looking banana plants with thick roots and a few leafs. Now I have long normal looking roots and no banana looking roots.

Amp2020
Admin

Back to top Go down

What happens to banana plants when roots are buried deep.  Empty Re: What happens to banana plants when roots are buried deep.

Post  williemcd Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:32 am

On a non-aquatic basis... the depth of the root/crown planting has a huge influence on the plant... both root and leaf... What's your thoughts on the issue? Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

What happens to banana plants when roots are buried deep.  Empty Re: What happens to banana plants when roots are buried deep.

Post  Amp2020 Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:39 am

No clue. Maybe someone else can chime in. In the past I've had them sit in one spot for so long that they sent down roots just like this one. Only difference is that this new one lost all the banana looking roots. Guess they rotted away or got used up for energy since I'm assuming they were meant as energy reserves.

Amp2020
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:29 pm

How much light a using Amp. In my exaoerince with them they send up there pads for catching light an when there's too much light are prolong exsposure the first sighn is the bigger leaves fold at the edges next they turn brownish on the pad it sent up the pad takes all the light for photosynthesis the smaller leaves are secondary consumption leaves when you trim the pads you gotta cut back on light until it sends up another sprout. They also do well in temp ranges from 75 85. Also with fertilizer it sometimes need to be flushed away from the pot at times meaning removing the pot an running warm water through the roots to immate irrigation from rain. I would use regular black dirt ( the muddy dirt suff found when removing topsoil it's loaded with nutrients. I've learned from trial an era the first sight of brown means it's burning up scorcth is what us farmers call it. An to much fertilizer an not enough will give you the same effect. Hope this helps out. I've uses the same format use for the clay balls except I added black sand an no fertilizers an a spoon full of water activated carbon believe it works the swords are sprouting all ready
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:33 pm

Oh yeah I potted all My plants just leave the tips of the banana like tops to show an place substrate as a cap it's better than floating gives you control of growth
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down