VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ya turn yer head around for 10 minutes and this is what ya get!

4 posters

Go down

Ya turn yer head around for 10 minutes and this is what ya get! Empty Ya turn yer head around for 10 minutes and this is what ya get!

Post  williemcd Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:21 am

Ya turn yer head around for 10 minutes and this is what ya get! Img_0011
Ya turn yer head around for 10 minutes and this is what ya get! Img_0012
Ya turn yer head around for 10 minutes and this is what ya get! Img_0013

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Ya turn yer head around for 10 minutes and this is what ya get! Empty Re: Ya turn yer head around for 10 minutes and this is what ya get!

Post  williemcd Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:50 am

She's still going strong!  Problem is .. I haven't seen the male doing HIS job!  Ya turn yer head around for 10 minutes and this is what ya get! Img_0014
Ya turn yer head around for 10 minutes and this is what ya get! Img_0015

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Ya turn yer head around for 10 minutes and this is what ya get! Empty Re: Ya turn yer head around for 10 minutes and this is what ya get!

Post  verbal Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:00 am

Nice. It is funny the places that fish choose for spawning sometimes.

verbal

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:06 am

I'm usually lucky in that they choose Amz. Sword plant leaves... and I can just pluck the leaf if I'm inclined to try and rear the batch... With this tank I lost my lighting for a period of time and my Amz's melted away... Starting to get regrowth but it's slow!  Anyway.. it doesn't appear to be a viable mating as the male isn't even showing his "stuff".. unless he's REALLY REALLY under-endowed!  Hmmmm... I might have to stay up and look out for one of those t.v. ads promoting "enlargement"...Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  neogeo20041 Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:46 am

Male looks to me like a gold marble(Gm/Gm, Gm/g or Gm/+) and the female looks like original marble(M/M). You said they are both veil tale??? If so this is how I would write their genetic code for your pair.

Male - Gm/g-V/+ or Gm/Gm-V/+
Female - M/M-V/+

Mess with this link if you want to understand genetics a bit.
http://superiorangels.com/angelfishgeneticscalculator

Male- Gm/g-V/+
    X(Cross)
Female- M/M-V/+

OFFSPRING
Phenotype Genotype   [b]Percentage
Marble Veil               M/Gm - V/+        25.0
Marble Veil               M/g - V/+          25.0
Marble Super Veil      M/g - V/V          12.5
Marble Super Veil      M/Gm - V/V        12.5
Marble                     M/g                  12.5
Marble                     M/Gm                12.5

Male- Gm/Gm-V/+
    X(Cross)
Female- M/M-V/+

Offspring
PHENOTYPEGENOTYPE     PERCENT
Marble Veil           M/Gm - V/+    50.0
Marble                 M/Gm            25.0
Marble Super Veil   M/Gm -  V/V   25.0

I just put the codes in there just guessing their genes. Based on the phenotype( physical trait) you told me.

Last edited by neogeo20041 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:02 am

Perhaps that's why my phone is from the stone age!   lol!   Plus the fact that I don't get mobile too often!  Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:05 am

The 2'nd pic in this series is from the front only to show the declining surface area available to her... She's wrapping around the intake!  I've seen it on leaves but not on hard surfaces like the intake!  Or maybe I've just not paid close enough attention in the past... Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  Doxiemom Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:59 am

And....do we have a viable batch of eggs??
Doxiemom
Doxiemom

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:57 pm

Well, even though I left a light on in the tank, they did enjoy a healthy snack over the last 8-10 hrs.  About 3/4th of the spawn is missing.  Interestingly enough, of the remaining batch, 3 are showing the typical white cotton appearance indicative of not being fertilized, the rest look viable!  Perhaps pop did get some work in when I wasn't looking as bad as the effort may have been.  I'll know by the end of the day if their to be snack food or a small batch due to inadequate fertilization.  Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  neogeo20041 Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:06 pm

Maybe the male was too busy protecting instead of fertilizing Razz .
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:28 pm

Not in this case.  In my experience, the genders take turns chasing off any other fish that get too close to the spawning site.  This was observed for a couple of hours.  What I did notice different this time around is that the male, when making his passes over the eggs, maintained a greater distance from the eggs from what I've seen as normal.. perhaps as far as an inch away from the spawn... Update pics.. a better shot of the parents and the remaining eggs. Ya turn yer head around for 10 minutes and this is what ya get! Img_0016
Ya turn yer head around for 10 minutes and this is what ya get! Img_0017
Ya turn yer head around for 10 minutes and this is what ya get! Img_0018

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down