VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F2 Aulonocara sp. "Chitande Type Masinje"

Go down

F2 Aulonocara sp. "Chitande Type Masinje" Empty F2 Aulonocara sp. "Chitande Type Masinje"

Post  lkelly Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:18 pm

I'll give some locals first crack at these before they go to Aquamania next month.

Photos of the F1 parents here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Picture of one of the coloring up F2 males:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

They are anywhere from 1" to 2.5". I can take a pretty good guess at sexing them (some are pretty obvious like the male in that picture). For those confused by the "F" convention, that's generations from wild caught. So these that I'm selling are grandchildren of parents caught wild from Lake Malawi.

Here's some info about this particular peacock variety: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My experience is that they are pretty peaceful compared to many other Africans and will do fine in a tank that isn't enormous. I've kept my breeding group in a 40 breeder along with a few other fish. They seem to max out at no bigger than 5".

I was looking for $7 each which seemed to be fine for some of the CCA members who were very interested. Shoot me a message if you want in. I can arrange to meet so you don't have to drive all the way out to Powhatan.

Thanks.

lkelly

Back to top Go down

F2 Aulonocara sp. "Chitande Type Masinje" Empty Re: F2 Aulonocara sp. "Chitande Type Masinje"

Post  lkelly Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Starting to show even more color....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lkelly

Back to top Go down