VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doxie's Angels...

3 posters

Go down

Doxie's Angels... Empty Doxie's Angels...

Post  williemcd Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:45 pm

With friends it's hard to keep track of friendly exchanges... at least for me!... Well, a couple of weeks ago, Dox dropped on in and delivered 8 angels that she'd hand picked for me... Silver/Gold mix?... But... as I'm a newbie regarding Angels.. I'll just have to accept her designation as Gold/Silver...at this point in time, I see silver but the future will tell all... BUT... Ira dropped by soon after and grudgingly admitted that they are awesome specimens!... So Dox... please share the genetic history of these freakingly awesome Angels! Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Doxie's Angels... Empty Re: Doxie's Angels...

Post  williemcd Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:50 pm

And while I'm at it.. could ya once again explain a few things?... I acknowledge\ you've shared in person, but I like to have a reference site/link to go to....With that...

I'm certainly not an expert on Angels and in fact on not too many things so.... I've come up with some simple nomenclature for Angels as far as conformity... With these from Dox, I see what I call a "Sail Fin" Angel.. .meaning the dorsal fin is much like a topsail on a sailing ship.. wide and tall.....Others I've seen are more pointed and don't carry the number of rays within the dorsal... So... ya got an explanation:  Dox, Ira, Neo?    (My Angel - Go-To) folks.   Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  neogeo20041 Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:10 am

Doxies angels are very nice. I never got any for myself but have gotten them for friends as let's just say they ended up in my tank after a while ; their shape and finnage is beautiful. As for wifi angel they are a work in progress and not available in the hobby. The only person I know that has wide fin(wifi) angel is Mr ken Kennedy. I have only seen them in pics as have to say they are truly beautiful fish. Bill, if you can post pics I can try to ID until Doxiemon comes here and enlightens us.
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:18 am

Neo... when I first got my re-start in the hobby about 4 years ago... one of the impetisus was a friend that bequeathed me 3 KK blues... only one survived the transport and then only lasted a year.... They were like $10.00 each at less than a dime size in a quantity of 2 dozen... If ya can find a line on some of those, I'd be jumping at the chance to re-introduce those in the area....
On a side note... That same person that got me back into the hobby (after 25 or more years out) also was one of the first to introduce the Pearl Scale Angels into the area.. say about 12 or more years ago. For a couple of years I bred her legacy... Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  neogeo20041 Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:49 am

Not really familiar with KK blues it might be called something else in the hobby. Possible pic will help Razz. Bill, I can get you some nice angels as a gift since I still owe you some angels but just tell me what you want to breed first.
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doxiemom Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:40 am

Bill....the ones you have carry silver (so they will have stripes) and they are 3rd generation gold pearls/superveil from my gold line. Sooo....they have more of an irridescent sheen to their bodies. You will pick up blue, purple, and some green hues in them. Finnage will be longer than standard. I'm not sure of the line genetics on the female because she's yours! I would recommend crossing them with something that carries blue!
How you rear fry does affect the body and finnage! (so does the selection of breeder stock!!) Yours have NEVER been crowded, lived in substandard water, or missed a good meal. This allows the bodies to round out and fins to stand high and strong. Yours were chosen for that reason...The roundest body and excellent finnage. Hope you get a good breeder from them!! Thank you for letting me breed your female!!
When crossing, you have to understand the risk for inherent flaws and be prepared to cull heavily....something we can get into later!!
Doxiemom
Doxiemom

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:04 am

I've a $hit camera for posting but this is the best I can do... These are Dox's Angles plus a couple of shots of the Blue that Va New Kid picked up for some of us.... I've only one left of the group we picked up...Doxie's Angels... Dsc04116
Doxie's Angels... Dsc04117
Doxie's Angels... Dsc04118Doxie's Angels... Dsc04119
Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down