VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new weird problem..... WHAT IS THIS?!

5 posters

Go down

new weird problem..... WHAT IS THIS?! Empty new weird problem..... WHAT IS THIS?!

Post  AngelAddict Wed May 15, 2013 7:53 pm

just like it says WHAT IS THIS!?

new weird problem..... WHAT IS THIS?! Img_2027

new weird problem..... WHAT IS THIS?! Img_2028

AngelAddict

Back to top Go down

new weird problem..... WHAT IS THIS?! Empty Re: new weird problem..... WHAT IS THIS?!

Post  Amp2020 Wed May 15, 2013 9:17 pm

A very serious fungal infection. If not treated immediately they won't live another week. Look up some instructions soon.

Amp2020
Admin

Back to top Go down

new weird problem..... WHAT IS THIS?! Empty Re: new weird problem..... WHAT IS THIS?!

Post  neogeo20041 Wed May 15, 2013 10:20 pm

Ya! those things can be nasty if not treated ASAP. Good luck treating them.
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  COCOBIRD Thu May 16, 2013 1:37 am

Wow. Did the fish make it till today? I've had good success using Seachem Paraguard, but I'm not sure it's strong enough for what you have.
COCOBIRD
COCOBIRD

Back to top Go down

Post  Doxiemom Thu May 16, 2013 8:30 am

Greg....this is a very serious Fungus WITH a secondary bacterial infection. These fish need total lights out (to reduce stress) and a diligent treatment schedule. They have no way of screaming out in pain but DAMN!! That open sore is HORRIBLE!!! Best of Luck with this. Keep texting me and I'll help you out as much as I can, buddy!
At this point....I'm thinking a peroxide drop on the wounds could not hurt! I sent you a text on this last night. Be sure NOT to get anywhere near eyes or gill openings!! HMU today and let me know how it's going.....
Doxiemom
Doxiemom

Back to top Go down

Post  AngelAddict Thu May 16, 2013 10:58 am

Thanks everyone. I put a few drops of peroxide on the golds tail. This morning the gold didn't look good at all. I'll be surprised if he's a live when I get home :-( . The koi looked the same. I've got 3 boxes of life guard and I'm ready to fight this crap. .

AngelAddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Amp2020 Thu May 16, 2013 2:02 pm

Test your water parameters. Something is wrong for things to have gotten this bad. I'm suspecting an ammonia spike to be the culprit. I don't have any evidence to support this but I believe the fungal infection is not what kills the fish. Rather its from the bacterial infection that settles in from the open wounds. The redness around the infected areas appear to be bacterial infections spreading. So I would treat with both antibacterial medications and fungal medications. Remember to take out carbon, to increase aeration, and frequent water changes.

Amp2020
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AngelAddict Thu May 16, 2013 11:41 pm

Water is all good. Sadly they didn't make it. I'm still treating the ones that aren't so bad. I think it has something to do with my filter.

AngelAddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down