VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want to buy a FEMALE Albino Bristlenose Pleco

3 posters

Go down

Want to buy a FEMALE Albino Bristlenose Pleco Empty Want to buy a FEMALE Albino Bristlenose Pleco

Post  Doxiemom Wed May 08, 2013 11:11 am

Hi ALL,
If anyone has a mature female ABP available...I'd like to buy her or trade something. You can send me a PM if you can help out!
THANKS!!
Doxiemom
Doxiemom
Doxiemom

Back to top Go down

Want to buy a FEMALE Albino Bristlenose Pleco Empty Re: Want to buy a FEMALE Albino Bristlenose Pleco

Post  COCOBIRD Wed May 08, 2013 11:42 am

I have three in my 75 gal but have no idea about sexing. Two of them seem mature. One is def a juvie. Any tips on sexing?
COCOBIRD
COCOBIRD

Back to top Go down

Want to buy a FEMALE Albino Bristlenose Pleco Empty Re: Want to buy a FEMALE Albino Bristlenose Pleco

Post  verbal Wed May 08, 2013 8:30 pm

COCOBIRD wrote:I have three in my 75 gal but have no idea about sexing. Two of them seem mature. One is def a juvie. Any tips on sexing?

Mature females may have small bristles, but the bristles on a mature male will be very obvious.

Here is a picture of my male super red:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

verbal

Back to top Go down

Post  Doxiemom Thu May 09, 2013 7:02 am

Thanks for posting the pic! The females have a "smoother" head. Mine has no bristles at all. Thanks CoCo if you have one up for sale!
Doxiemom
Doxiemom

Back to top Go down

Post  COCOBIRD Thu May 09, 2013 9:48 am

mine look nothing like that. maybe they're younger than I thought??

I'll grab a few picks today after work for review.
COCOBIRD
COCOBIRD

Back to top Go down

Post  COCOBIRD Fri May 10, 2013 10:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
COCOBIRD
COCOBIRD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down