VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

red gurnard

3 posters

Go down

red gurnard Empty red gurnard

Post  AngelAddict Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:58 pm

my girl friend just found this fish on facebook. i didnt think it was real at first but then looked it up. apparently it is. its an amazingly beautiful saltwater fish. check it out.

http://www.thefeaturedcreature.com/2012/01/butterfly-of-sea-red-gurnard.html

AngelAddict

Back to top Go down

red gurnard Empty Re: red gurnard

Post  Fern Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:31 am

Yup they need to be nearly in a species only tank, lots of open sand and a very good lid, quick little predators. I had a local one blah color for a while till he went carpet surfing. They crawl around on those little legs, an oddball for sure!
Fern
Fern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amp2020 Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:17 am

Locally they are called sea robins. Not as colorful but still neat. I use to take care of a pair at a local aquarium for about half a year till someone threw in a fish that had velvet and killed everything within a week very sad experience.

Those fish are really great to see in a very large aquarium. They look like they are gliding with those huge wings. They spend most of their time walking around on six tiny finger like appendages, three on each side.

Amp2020
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum